31st Ward Participatory Budgeting Voting Dates and Sites
The Voting will take place from October 9 through October 22 in the Ward Office and at various sites around the Ward.
Proposed Voting Sites
- Sunday, October 9th -Walmart Parking Lot, 4618 West Diversey, 1pm to 4pm
- Monday, Columbus Day, October 10th-Kelvyn Park Field House, 4438 West Wrightwood, 10am to 2pm
- Tuesday – Thursday, October 11th – 13th-Ward Office, 2521 North Pulaski, 9am to 12:30pm, 1:30pm to 5pm
- Friday, October 14th -Ward Office, 2521 North Pulaski, 9am to 12:30pm, 1:30pm to 3pm
- Saturday, October 15th-31st Ward Health Fair, St Genevieve, 10am to 2pm
- Saturday, October 15th-Blackhawk Park, 2318 N. Lavergne 11am to 1pm
- Sunday, October 16th -Central Gyros, 3127 North Central, 1pm to 4pm
- Monday, October 17th-Ward Office, 9am to 12:30pm,1:30pm to 7pm
- Tuesday – Thursday, October 18th – 20th-Ward Office, 2521 North Pulaski, 9am to 12:30pm, 1:30pm to 5pm
- Friday, October 21st-Ward Office, 2521 North Pulaski, 9am to 12:30pm, 1:30pm to 3pm
- Saturday, October 22nd FINAL DAY -Kosciuszko Park, 2732 North Avers, 10am to 1pm
2017 31st Ward Participatory Budgeting
You have a vote as to what percentage of the “Menu Money” will be spent on resurfacing streets and alleys and what percentage should be spent on repairing street lights in the 31st
At least $300,000 of the “Menu Money” will be spent on the PB Projects.
1st Percentage Vote...What percentage of the fund should be spent on roads/alleys?
2nd Percentage Vote...What percentage of the funds should be spent on street lighting improvements?
#1...Dog Parks at Kosciuszko and Ken-Well Parks (Starter money for the creation of Dog parks in both Kosciuszko and Ken-Well Parks)
#2...Lighting Improvements at Schubert Elementary School Playgound
#3...Traffic Circles near Cragin Park (Traffic calming effort at Wrightwood/Long & Wrightwood/Lockwood)
#4...Bike Lane on Fullerton Avenue (Improve biking infrastructure on Fullerton avenue between Central Park and Pulaski Avenue)
#5...New Curbs and Sidewalks on 5300 W Wrightwood (Repairs to considerable portions of poor conditioned sidewalks and curbs)
#6...Six new Water Fountains at Foreman College & Career Academy (For improved water quality and to encourage students to use reusable water bottles)
#7...Screening under Viaducts (Screens and nets under two viaducts at Diversey/Kenton & Belmont/Kenton)
#8...Traffic Control/Pedestrian Island on Diversey near Kosciuszko Park (Pedestrian island refuge on Diversey Avenue to help residents visiting the park)